Monday, June 09, 2008

Officially Obsessed.



I am officially obsessed with Lydia Courteille. Her work is simply stunning. It reminds me so much of Lalique - it's very old world-y and rich and sumptuous. I'm drooling on myself trying to describe these pieces.

From my research, I've found that she's most well-known for her rings, but also creates fabulous necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Also, she apparently incorporates antiques into her work, and some of her stones date from the 16th century! Dang.

She apparently has a dark side, too. Check out this wikkid diamond skull ring in black rhodium.

Here's a list of some sites that carry her work:
Also, here's a link to a video where some lady (Susan Tabak, we hates her!) gets to try on some of Ms. Courteille's jewelry at her store in Paris!




No comments: